I'll be inspired by what others have done and post a brief update following each goal for this week.
Updated goals for this week or what's happened since Sunday:
* Work on final read/edit of Standing Stones. Hitting four chapters a day. So far, so good. Helpful feedback from beta readers.
* Wind up October with daily poems for OctPoWriMo and read what others have written. Haven't missed a day . . . yet! One more poem to go and I'm enjoying what others have written.
* Post at least once on my travel blog. Not yet. Maybe tonight?
* Plan November entries for my writing blog (guest blog Sandy Brown Jensen and series on creativity). No progress here.
* Continue participating in ROW80 through Round 4. OK so far. Reading 5 tonight.
* Write two crits for NOVELS-L (the Internet Writing Workshop) and 1 more book review for Book Review Club. After being active in this group since 2011, I've withdrawn. My work-in-progress isn't really ready for subbing, and I'm always rushing to read and critique what others have written. The IWW, and specifically the NOVELS-L group has been a sustaining source of helpful feedback -- when I've subbed, and I've met some truly wonderful writers. But . . . I'm feeling drawn to other writing challenges. Marketing, for one and that final level of editing that depends on my own critical eye. Need one more book review for that Book Review Club. Still feels a bit of the numbers game here, but reviewing others' indie-published books in my genre (historical fiction) has been illuminating and fun.
* Read craft (Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones and 2 magazines). Luckily Goldberg's chapters are short. So far, I'm reading her every day. Two magazines? Not yet.
* Work on winding up volunteer work, play with quilting, and cherish each day with family and friends! Steady progress here. I'm working on files and the job description binder, have quilted 2 out of 3 days (show and tell next time), and had a lovely walk with DH today, alongside a small pool with mallards and scattered pine needles along the path. It was just cold enough to appreciate our warm apartment when we came back home.
For fun, I've started playing around with a cover for Standing Stones. Here's today's effort (left side for blurbs; right side for cover).
What do you think?
I hope your week is going well. Or as they say, "Whassup?"
Visit A Round of Words in 80 Days for more information or check out these ROW80 participants: