WEDS Check-in for ROW80: Still writing that 500 words a day for NaNo on the Rivers of Stone draft. Up to an unbelievable 8,289 as of yesterday. This will be successful for me IF I can do that 500 words a day. Still chipping away at final review of Standing Stones with three chapters left. Wrote a short flash called "The Bench" (don't know where that came from -- except a random writing prompt from Writer Wednesday Blog Hop).
Still to do: Write poem for Poets on the Page sometime later today. Still far too easily distracted by research. For example, did you know that the average winter temperature (that's between November and April is minus 7 F in and near York Factory in Upper Manitoba? No wonder the polar bears have double layers of fur.
Thank you to everyone who so generously gave me very helpful feedback on my draft cover for Standing Stones posted last Sunday. I've editing fonts, resized font sizes, made a commitment and may use the second-runner-up for the Smashwords version. Dunskey Castle was the favorite.
I'm babysitting this week until after 10 pm each night and feel I can't get everything done.Yesterday went for a walk with DH and he got very tired. Sometimes I deny what I see.
Goals to work on by next Wednesday:
1. Write those 500 words a day on Rivers of Stone.
2. Complete pending book reviews x 2.
3. Keep working the final edits for Standing Stones. Maybe draft pre-launch activities. Still would like to publish before my birthday -- and that's December 6th!
4. Participate in ROW80 x10.
5. Follow blog schedule by posting 5x out of 7 days.
6. Celebrate Egypt presentation behind me (due day Monday, Nov 18).
7. Declutter, quilt, cook good meals, exercise 3x, and cherish each day.
8. Don't listen to that nagging inner voice! Keep writing.
|Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, Iceland, during a night with aurora borealis |
seen from east beach by Moyen Brenn (Flickr)