Sunday, August 24, 2014

ROW80 Sunday check-in: A mermaid and a clean house

Sunday night always feels like a jump into the coming week, a perfect time to assess progress and set goals.

Thinking ahead to the coming week, I don't expect much to happen at all in the writing realm. Allen has surgery Weds. That's it! No other goals. Maybe I'll get some articles written to stay on deadline for my volunteer work. Maybe I'll get a little quilting done. I'm setting some low expectations.

Last week, I did spend time daydreaming about polar bears and doing a little writing. The workshop on "Building a Writing Toolkit" went well with 24 folks present. If you'd like a copy of the handout, please just drop me an e-mail.  The book release coffee party was a delightful time to hug friends and sign books, but overall, my writing productivity is simply scattered.

Today, I did post on my writing blog two great ideas for marketing. The idea of holding a Birthday Month Reader Appreciation Sale comes from Spokane crime writer Frank Zafiro. And Nina Amir's article on how to develop a posting schedule for your writing blog is very helpful. ROW80 blogger/writer Ruth Nestvold is an inspirational example of just such a focused blog. Both of these strategies will show up again in my writing goals. 

For now, the house is amazingly clean, food awaits in the fridge, the laundry is done, and the plants are all watered. 

Oh, and one more thing: I was reading Eden's ROW80 check-in to find her distracting link to a "beastly survey" hosted by Tara Tyler as part of her launch for Broken Branch Falls, book one of her Beast World Series (truly great graphics). Eden is a werewolf! I took the survey to discover (will anyone be surprised?) that I'm a mermaid!

May your week go well!

Beloved artist and fabric designer, Laurel Burch


3 comments:

  1. I hope Allen's surgery goes well. It sounds like you're well-prepared. To be honest, I don't think my house has ever been "amazingly clean," but that's a story for another day (and the reason I have written a number of Confessions of a Horrible Housekeeper posts). I would love mermaid hair in varying shades of mauve, but that, too, is a story for another day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sign me up for your "Confessions of a Horrible Housekeeper" for "amazingly clean" is a comparative. I'd rather write (or travel) than clean house! But in this case, I anticipate a 'before' and an 'after' -- with an emphasis on other issues 'after' his surgery. And a mermaid with mauve hair? Lovely! Thanks for the virtual hug!

      Delete
  2. I hope Allen's surgery goes well. Sometimes other parts of our lives take priority over writing, and that's okay.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!