Sunday, May 7, 2017

ROW80 Catchup and a Freebie!

Today's the day that Annette Drake's cozy mystery BUILDING CELEBRATION HOUSE is up for free on Amazon. 

Why not hop on over and grab your copy? This well-written book plumbs a rare topic -- the relationship between two stubborn sisters. And that's against the backdrop of an antebellum Southern mansion and a few ghosts.

Now on to reporting for ROW80. Well, this week has been one of accomplishment! Only some writing, but I finished a queen-sized quilt (will post pic later . . . as this one is a surprise). 

I did make really good progress on mastering MailChimp's newsletter templates, and my novella is about 1,000 words richer. With the hero from Ireland, I have an excuse to do a little research.

A few tweets later, and I met online two writers who write historical fiction. Both look fascinating. Margaret Pinard and Elizabeth Bell. Current reading? Sara Donati, Into the Wilderness, and a chapter from Jared Diamond's The World Until Yesterday.

Perseverance furthers. That and a good cup of coffee have seen me through a hectic week.

What is ROW80? A Round of Words in 80 Days wherein participating writers check in twice a week (most times) to let others know our goals, progress, and to share what's going on. Go HERE to read what others are doing or HERE on FaceBook.

I'll conclude by saying I'm very grateful for all the comforts we take for granted today, compared to the average person in the 19th Century. May you cherish your warm bed, fresh food from the refrigerator, and antibiotics (when needed)!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for good progress on the quilt and novella. & the newsletter template. Mine has...fallen by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let it not fall by the wayside for long, Fallon! Thanks for stopping by. Still working on that newsletter template (it's complicated!).

      Delete
  2. OOOH! You had me at quilt, Beth!

    So happy you're making progress, and happily reading/researching.

    May you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shan, for visiting. Quilting is what I do between the writing/reading/researching -- and the rest of 'real' life -- as you do so well.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the novella! I wanted to write a novella prequel too -- and now it's coming in at over 100,000 words ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ruth. Sadly, I think mine will also continue to grow, although I'm having fun working through Randy Ingermanson's SNOWFLAKE, and learning interesting new strategies for plotting. I'll look forward to reading your novella/prequel/novel!

      Delete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!