Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Weds ROW80 Perseverance furthers . . .

As we move to the end of summer, cooler weather promises fewer distractions, yes? This week has been a doozy with DH scheduled TODAY for a procedure that puts me in the waiting room for 3 hours. I really don't want to be anywhere else and have notebook, Kindle, and latest quilt to bind for company. So, here's the midweek update.

ROW80: Round 3, Week 8:

WRITING: Goal this week: Revise 5 more chapters of Rivers of Stone. So far? Finished 5 chapters (2 early this morning), so anything more is gravy.  Now 68% done with Section 03. Thinking about the more problematic next section. My question about character arcs: How far does a character have to fall before pulling herself up out of the depths to that sometimes hard to achieve 'happy every after' ending?

READING: Doing a little better reading x3 posts so far by other ROW80 writers (goal this week x6). Finished Suzanne Brockmann's Some Kind of Hero, a rather fun read about a romance writer who falls for a Navy SEAL when his daughter goes missing. Pure entertainment. Fast-paced. Nearly finished (89%) with Chris Loehmer Kincaid's moving When the Sky Meets the Sand.

MARKETING: Finally, finally decided to put Standing Stones on an end-of-summer sale discount to 99c and, thunder fingers that I am, accidentally changed Years of Stone to 99c as well! So created a graphic promo, announced it on FB and Twitter. This is all prep for running a promo to new readers through Book Brag and My Book Cave (more about how all that works later). I'm back now to plan, schedule, carry out, evaluate, and recalibrate!
OTHER: Finished that mystery quilt. Now binding a comfort quilt with a steam-punk theme. House is relatively clean. I'm using SparkPeople to track weight, nutrition, and exercise goals. I even had salad for breakfast this week. Making reasonable progress. Actually, I'm not so worried about progress as in changing how I eat and what I eat (for now, that just means no sugar, no goodies -- and work on portion control). As they say, my goal is to live forever, and so far, so good!

The rest of the week looks much calmer than today. I hope the sun shines bright where you are and that you find all those words to flesh out your story. And why not check out what other ROW80 writers are writing and talking about on the WEBSITE or on FACEBOOK. Make it a good week!

Summer at Manito Park (2017)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!