Thursday, October 5, 2017

ROW80 Check-in: Missing?

I'm not missing. This is my last check-in for ROW80 until after October 25.
  1. Writing: Complete revisions and write wrap-around materials for Rivers of Stone by year-end. Prioritize next writing project. Write at least 30 poems by end of October. Progress: Good progress on all goals. So far, surprisingly, 12 poems written.
  2. Blogging: Post in Writing blog x1 and ROW80 blog x2/each week. Read other writers x6 each week.  Progress: Because those poems (and the monthly post for Insecure Writer's Support Group) are posted daily, I'm well ahead in posting on the Writing blog, but I'm far behind in posting for ROW80 and/or reading what others have done. 
  3. Reading: Read 10 books a month. Review 2 books each month. Progress: No reviews up this month. For September, read 10/15. October reading so far = 4/10, but one of the books involved lots of page skipping (erotica). Even though I was asked, and the book had terrific plotting, I just can't bring myself to review it. 
  4. Marketing: Work on release of Rivers of Stone before the end of 2017. Work on marketing 3 hours each week. Progress: Steady progress here. Worked on SASP Anthology and set up a November workshop on 'deep revision' (this will be fun). Decided to set up Rivers of Stone for pre-order (a new skill).
  5. Other/Personal: Write 2 articles a month. Continuing: SASP Publicity. Quilt, exercise, maintain healthy blood level/diet. Progress: So far, so good in all categories, though I wonder about that 'healthy diet' goal on a cruise ship. Found a way to exercise in water aerobics without hurting my feet. SASP Publicity done + two articles. 
Getting ready for this trip, even though it's only 17 days, feels a little like falling off the world as I know it. My laptop is ready. The suitcase is mostly packed. We drive to the airport at 4:30 am on Saturday, but I'm leaving behind all that is familiar. As well as those dear grands! 


My hopes for writing while away include digging into a new story (unicorns!) and somehow writing a poem a day. We've not vacationed for so long that we're both looking forward to a different kind of adventure. No internet while we're gone means not connecting with ROW80 until I'm back -- after October 25. 

Meanwhile, all you energetic ROW80 writers, persevere in the writing, and appreciate each day! CLICK HERE to see what everyone's up to or hop over to our group on FaceBook!



2 comments:

  1. I know you won't see this for a while, but hopefully it can brighten your day when you see it. Doesn't hold a candle to those two little beauties, but still....

    Safe travels, and much inspiration, are my wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! Love the idea of a break from everything, including being online!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!