Here are the goals for this week with updates:
- WRITE a short story, a poem, and one blog entry (minimum). Finally, a breakthrough. After writing nothing at all related to various wip's, I wrote yesterday, a long ranting journal that itemized all those reasons NOT to write and ending with a short blast of dialogue. Feeling good.
- READ 10 ROW80 posts and 3 books. Right on schedule this week with reading what other ROW folks have posted. Turned the corner on McBride's The Good Lord Bird with only 150 pages left (this is the overdue library book). Still reading Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones, one short chapter a day. She is inspirational, combining meditation with practical, writerly advice.
- RECRUIT beta readers for Years of Stone, set in 19th Century Australia. No e-mails sent. Yet. But I have thought of one person I'd like for this job.
- REVIEW at least 2 indie books (one done), update GoodReads (done), and
- COMPLETE PROOF of Standing Stones.
The proof for Standing Stones still hasn't arrived yet, but I'm peeking out the window at the mailman's truck. Not today, but maybe tomorrow..
What's new on the marketing front? I set up an author page on Facebook. You can go look at it (if you already are on Facebook) by clicking here. Next, I'll learn how to put a "like me on Facebook" button on my blogs here. Wish me luck! I'll share what I learn back here on Sunday.
If you have a moment, click here to visit other folks from ROW80.
Inspirational photo of the day from avrdreamer on Flickr