GOALS have already been readjusted. Unwieldy goals have been dropped and a new goal added. Here are my goals for 2019, as measurable as I can make them, with progress from last week.
- Finish drafting The Seventh Tapestry by July, 2019. Min 1K week. PROGRESS: +984 words. 😇
- Family history, convert papers and photos to story form (1K week). No progress. 😞
- NEW GOAL: Study Spanish daily. This week x4. 😇
- NEW GOAL: Recruit ACX voice actor for Years of Stone, Rivers of Stone (Mar 2019).
- Participate in online writing communities: ROW80: Post weekly on Sunday 😇. Minimum read x4/week. x2 😞 NOVELS_L: Sub 1x/month. 😇 Minimum 1 crit/week. This week: x1 😇
- BLOG x4 monthly. 😇 Send newsletter quarterly, starting in JANUARY.
- Set goals for marketing. Not yet . . . 😞
- Type Allen’s St. Remy.
1 chapter/week.More measurable 3-5 pages week. This week? One page. 😞
- Quilting: Complete x1 comfort quilt/month. This month: x3 😇
For the first time in nearly two months, I have both energy and focus! What an amazing feeling. So cheers to the start of a new year. My goals are set, my office is organized. Anything pending? Yes!
I'm about 40K into The Seventh Tapestry and just decided the story would be better told from first person. I've begun rewriting scenes and am feeling closer to the protag, but plan to read more about point of view as I move ahead. Have you ever waffled about point of view? Changed it mid-story?
|Car Is Enjoying the Snow (MemeGuy)|
And that's it for this week. I hope to see you online, busy with writing projects, and happily ready for the start of a new year. May 2019 be very good to you.