I have written nothing this year.
OK, one little poem.
Maybe because I'm caught between three major projects.
But I did find this inspirational quote this morning from The Writer (Feb 2014):
- "Every romance has to have a black moment when the hero and heroine (and therefore the reader) believe that love is absolutely impossible. The deeper, darker and blacker this moment, the more satisfying the ultimate happily-ever-after ending." Hope Ramsay was quoted in a side bar.
Which makes me wonder if I have brought my characters to that blackest moment.
Goals for the coming week:
- Write something, even if it's wrong. Go for 1,000 words of something by Sunday.
- Write an inspirational piece for ROW80 (have a few ideas kicking around, wabi sabi being my favorite) by Jan 10.
- Have fun working on a book trailer for Standing Stones.
- Read 30 pages in Pathfinder by Sunday for Rivers of Stone and continue with Writing Down the Bones.
- Write one book review, a blog on reading for the writing blog (Why I read romance books?), and post on Egypt for the travel blog.
- Update GoodReads.
Motivational TIP for the week: I have two pages of goals for this round, set up in a Word table with three columns, oganized by goal, action steps, and deadlines by five categories (writing, blogging, reading/research, community, and other. In the past, this table has resided on my computer, invisible unless that computer has been turned on. OK, so I printed my goals out. Sounds like a rather small thing. But when I'm wondering what I could be working on, that printout helps.
What's your motivational tip for the week?
Here's a photo from Moyan Breen that shows a storm coming in. The contrast between that red sky and the intense blue sea reminds me that we cannot always tell when a storm is coming, but a part of us knows and remembers.
Read what other ROW80 writers are doing this week by clicking here!