Sunday, December 20, 2015

ROW80 Sunday night under the wire

We're heading into the last week of the last round for ROW80 this year, and some are already thinking about goals for 2016. Not me. Not yet. 

Today's check-in begins with a surprise: I discovered Nancy Marguerite Anderson, a fur trade historian who keeps a wonderfully rich blog. Anderson has also written The Pathfinder, a five-star detailed history of her great-grandfather in the Great Nor'West, roughly from 1831-1884, a perfect fit for my own research for Rivers of Stone

What is the surprise? That although I'm writing fiction and she writes non-fiction, Ms. Anderson answers questions and generously shares her ideas and research. What a fascinating community we build online.

Progress since Wednesday on ROW80 Goals can be reported very succinctly: 
--I've written 3 out of 4 days, finished another major block of scenes and am now working on a canoe capsizing, unfortunately more common back in the 1840s than I realized.
--I'm not close to finishing Shakespeare's Lovers but still hope to post that review by December 26. 
--Posted WIPpet Wednesday on my writing blog, kept up with other ROW80 writers, ISWG and WIPpet writers by reading posts x6.  Also keeping e-mail in-box under 100 (big achievement).
--Adding borders to the bird quilt (very near final assembly), started hand quilting a small sashiko project, and actually met with a trainer at my local gym (he has much more ambitious goals for me than I do), but I shall persevere.

Are you looking forward to the end of the round, that time of fine tuning and re-visioning what may be accomplished in the coming year? 

This week, Kait Nolan, the inspiration behind A Round of Words in 80 Days, has posted a thoughtful article, "On Mastery and the Power of Yet." She offers us a little history behind ROW80 and insight into how we writers work at our craft.

Check out how other ROW80 writers are doing HERE. Join the party. Celebrate your achievements and map out what's next!

And just for fun . . . 








1 comment:

  1. Good for you for finding someone who will be invaluable to your research on Rivers of Stone. Best wishes in all the rest of your endeavors. And have a happy Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!