Sunday, January 17, 2016

ROW80 Snowy Sunday Check-in: Fat Flakes

Yesterday, very fat snowflakes fell all day. I braved the slush and ice to drive out on a few errands, came home to write and watch the most exciting (and today) most depressing football. Now to the week's progress for ROW80 as another football game awaits.

Goals & Progress:  

--Edit Rivers of Stone, 5 out of 7 days each week. So far, 7 out of 7 days. Today's session got a little bogged down in research, but I found some fascinating snippets that will affect motivation, characters, and plotting. 

--Awaiting approval from ACX for Standing Stones' audiobook (10-14 days). Maybe this week? 

--Blog x3 each week on ROW80 x2, Poets on the Page Mon x1. Current with posting AND reading posts by others as well.

--Build realistic marketing plan. I'm actually reading The Frugal Book Promoter, 114 pages this week. And taking notes like mad. One strategy involves partnering with another writer. Maybe.

--Review 2 books by indie writers each month. DONE. List other books read. Started this goal, but . . . It took me nearly 100 years to read 100 Years of Solitude, and it's a great book. 
The harder I work on my own writing, the more I want to read escapism, genre fiction that either thrills me with unexpected twists or lulls me to sleep with sweet romance. 

For example, Diana Orgain's Formula for Murder looks like a fun read. It's a mommy mystery that starts with a bang -- a car accident with the heroine's infant daughter in the back seat. Yes, I remember quite fondly Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, and it still influences me. But  my taste in reading has lightened. Leads me to question if I'm writing in the 'right' genre.

--Exercise. No real progress at all.
--Declutter office and E-mail under 150. Yep. 
--Clean up WSQ projects. Not yet. Write letters? Two done & mailed. 

And that's this week. May the coming week bring inspiration to all. I read somewhere that even 5 minutes of meditation may help reduce stress (and high blood pressure). Worth a try. Now why not visit HERE to see what other ROW80 writers are up to -- or jump right in? 

2 comments:

  1. Good work on those goals, even the elusive measuring of the editing goal. It was in the minus single digits here all day today, so too cold for snow. Hopefully later in the week though. The little bit of snow we have is looking rather dismal. Need some fresh stuff.

    Have a great and productive week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris, as always for stopping by and leaving your words of encouragement.Our snow turned to rain with perhaps more snow on the way. I'm still not used to the snow, but perhaps my driving on slushy, sometimes icy roads has improved. I can't imagine my characters slogging through snow, day after day, but that's what they're doing!

      Delete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!