I still am hoping to find a way to simplify Wednesday's check-in. This morning, I read Chris Loehmer Kincaid's blog and admired how she set up her goals for the coming week. Thank you, Chris. I'll now post goals/progress on Sunday. Check in with progress on Wednesday. Reboot the next Sunday.
So, forgive the length of this post, but here are my goals overall, with progress for this week noted. Blue = done. Green = progress. Red = No progress.
· Write 400 words a day on Seventh Tapestry project, 5 days/week. This week: 1,163.
· Use 750words 5/days for minimum 2,500 words week. This week: 5,133.
· Update Kindle copy (download new file from CreateSpace once PROOF OK).
· Read 2 writing magazines/week. Read, recycled, gave away 23 writing magazines.
· Participate in On-line Writing Community: IWW, IWSG, the Hearth on GoodReads, KBoards, WANATribe. 2-4x/week. No progress.
POSSIBLE? Poetry chapbook this year (before July)? Proof/publish Mothers Don’t Die?
· Update my writing blog! See http://annerallen.com/2018/03/5-website-mistakes/
· Post ROW80 Weds (WIPpet) & Sundays. Done!
· Post Writing Blog every Tuesday. Done!
· Read other blogs x6/week. Done! Read/commented x10.
· Send March Newsletter.
· Work 2-3 hours each week on marketing (strategy, action steps). Done! Carry out 2-4 action steps each month. Plan launch party. Pending, some progress.
· ROS: Enter Writer’s Digest contest by April 1.
· Order ROS copies for sales/Launch Party. Pending (waiting final proof).
· Send ROS to Historical Novel Society reviewer. Pending (waiting final proof).
· April 5: co-host Audio Book presentation. Mapped out presentation.
· Write articles/do PR for March/April. Queries sent to presenter.
· Prep final report Anthology for board.
· Weekend Workshop: March 27: Planning session. April 3: Board meeting.
· SECONDARY: Update Anthology description Amazon.
· Read 6 books in March. So far, read x6, mostly romantic adventure.
· Clean up Kindle by deleting books.
· Review x2 other books.
· Read 1 writing craft book in March.
· Declutter e-mail daily (<100).
· Cook healthy meals; healthy snacks.
· Exercise 30 min x5/7 days. This week: 6/7.
* Spend quality time w/family. Quilt.Because I'm working more on plotting than actually writing, the few scenes I'm writing feel disassociated from the story, more like pre-writing than actually writing. But this coming week's added goal (now that Allen is feeling better) is to finish reviewing the overall plot summary so I can get to work! Next week's goals overall = the same.
May you have a great week -- even if it's an off week!
Check out what other ROW80 writers are up to, either on the FACEBOOK group or our WEBSITE. Thank you, Eden Mabee and Shan Jeniah!