I'm thinking of my sweet daughter -- and her two baby girls, and of Mother's Days to come.
What amazing changes can be seen in how women now shape their lives. Today we can cherish the role of mother as well as the potential we have to each pursue our own uniqueness.
This week, I've fallen in love all over again with ROW80's structure of reporting in. This month's goals:
- Drafting a chapter synopsis of Rivers of Stone to tighten character arcs: Finished Section 1, good running start on Section 2, then 3 more to go.
- Updating Kindle versions of Standing Stones and Years of Stone. Finished Standing Stones.
- Still in progress: Writing up research plan for two month trip to Canada this summer. Prepping workshop on memoir writing.
- Community: Last meeting for F2F writers group done. Spokane Authors hosted a useful panel on characterization (and I finished my part of a draft brochure for SASP). Still behind on critting for Novels-L x2 this month.
- Marketing: Just a little progress on evaluating my next ad campaign.
- Blogging: Now that the A-to-Z challenge is over, I'd like to get back to blogging 2x a week on the travel and writing blog.
- Quilting: Finished that twin "frogs and butterflies" quilt well before the birthday girl's June date. Now starting the binding on my "pueblo" quilt (queen-sized, so that will take a while).
Thank you all for words of encouragement. Some days, that to-do list just gets too long, but I think it was Deniz who suggested posting goals by the month. Easier to prioritize. Taking time off from reporting in also helped. As did cleaning my office -- still not done decluttering, but I will persevere. And I wish you all good writing ahead.