Sunday, April 16, 2017

ROW80: Sunday check-in Celebration

That new cover came in for Rivers of Stone. early this Friday morning. You know I was excited and happy. It took courage to say, "Yes, I will finish the book, so it's time to order the cover." And Angie has changed her process a bit, so I had to select the cover image. 

The new cover matches the overall design of Books 1 and 2 in my series (scroll down to see covers on the right side of this page to see if you agree). 

I love the way the wilderness of the 1840s is reflected in this pic of the Athabasca River in the Canadian Rockies. Angie Zambrano of Pro-ebookcovers.com has done a wonderful job on all three of my covers.

That new cover was just the inspiration I needed to send out my first author newsletter in two years. Have you signed up for my newsletter? I can promise it will not be sent out very often! Click HERE if you'd like to receive that very occasional alert about new releases, giveaways, etc.

Any challenges? I still have maybe another week of revising to do before Rivers of Stone is ready for my beta readers. Goal? To send final copy to beta readers no later than May 1.

RED = top priority, Green = in progress, and Blue = Done, Done, Done!

Other challenges? If I'm to keep to schedule and launch by late June (for summer reading marathons), I've got a lot of wrap-around work to do as an indie writer (publishing, marketing plan and media kit, schedule, and launch party). 

My F2F writing group (thank you, Annette, Sandy, and Sue), has been wonderful with critical feedback that keeps me focused through these final edits -- at least until beta comments come back.

Is the rest of my life in balance? Well, that dratted cold is finally gone. I'm resuming exercise (swimming 3x/week), and still quilting. Daily walks bring the smells of spring close. Today we saw hyacinths and tulips and early azaleas.

Looks like ROW80 on Facebook will take off with a few more activities. Check out what we're up on Facebook or on ROW80's website and consider joining in -- if you haven't already. 

Make it a good week, one day at a time. Oh, yes, and take time to smell those spring flowers.

May is the time of Lilacs (Manito Park 2016)





4 comments:

  1. The cover looks great! Good luck with the rest of your revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. The cover matches the others nicely. You seem to have a good idea of where to go next. Good luck with your goals for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is lovely, and so are the lilacs. Here, they're usually blooming at the end of May and beginning of June. My bushes have leaves, though, so the time is coming! =)

    I love the way you've prioritized and coded your goals.You're making tremendous progress!

    Hooray for swimming and quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE lilacs... so very much love lilacs. And your cover... I think I answered your FB post about it, but if I didn't, let me note it here... I LIKE the way you had these covers stand out from the crowd of historicals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!