Sunday, January 27, 2019

ROW80: The Morning Before . . .

Sunday morning early. Two weeks since my last post, dear ROW80 writers.

The short story is I got pneumonia and have spent most of the last two weeks sleeping or taking antibiotics. Not writing. Luckily, the antibiotics worked. So, I've rebooted to about 80%. We leave tomorrow morning, literally at the crack (5:30 am) for a month in Spain. I am taking my netbook which has the memory of a flea (flash drive, flash drive), but is so small that it's nearly invisible.

Not really sure we'll have internet access where we're going, so I can't promise to be 'present' for ROW80 or even check in on your progress -- until mid-March. Imagine Seville, the land of palm trees and rich history, no snow, lots of musuems, tapas, a day trip to Granada, and, just maybe, a finished first draft.

Best writing moments: 1) Dear Hubby reassuring me that I will have plenty of time to write -- and energy to do so. 2) Spending a few hours with my writing partner F2F last Friday, catching up with her work AND strategizing about my goals for the coming month (finish the draft!). 3) Learning how to use the NOTE feature on my phone to plot, anywhere, anytime -- which led me to decide my heroine will rescue herself!

Cat photo courtesy of seatmaestro

May spring flowers ease these last days of winter, health and energy remain a steady part of your life, and may your writing goals be met with surprising clarity and beauty. Cherish each day! 

Click to visit A Round of Words in 80 Days HERE on our blog or over on Facebook to catch up on what other ROW80 writers are doing. Stay healthy! WHY NOT JOIN IN in setting goals and measuring progress weekly!






8 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, Beth! Enjoy Sevilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing better! Enjoy Spain! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it upon your return to Wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your trip is fun and productive! Can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better! have a good trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you've been ill, but glad to hear you're on the mend. Your trip sounds amazing. I'm very jealous. Could use some time out of the snow myself. Hopefully the beautiful surroundings will inspire some great writing! Safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your trip and the warm weather.

    Best of luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your good travel wishes! May the rest of Round 01 go well for you, with all your goals surpassed! That may be unrealistic, but why not be optimistic! Really.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!