Sunday, September 3, 2017

ROW80 Sunday check-in: Forward we go!

Ever since Thursday afternoon, I've been a bit at loose ends. Finished revising the last chapter of Rivers of Stone. Still celebrating a little. But now I'm organizing the how-to publish (which platform to use), and writing the wrap-around materials (forward, afterword, more words for promo). So, the progress feels a little convoluted this week.

Rachel shared a motivational quote: "Don't burden your future self. Do it now!" That's been my motivation this busy week as I look to the end of Round 3 coming up September 21. For my list of goals for Round 3 was long and, rather like a cactus, somewhat full of bristles.

Simply put, my goals for September, the rest of Round 3, and the coming week:

  1. WRITING: Write wrap-around materials for Rivers of Stone. Complete revisions. Prioritize writing projects (Prequel + Memoir).
  2. BLOGGING. Blogging: Post in Writing blog x1 and ROW80 blog x2/each week. Read other writers x6. Post monthly for the Insecure Writer's Study Group.
  3. READING: Read 15 books a month. Review 2 books each month. 
  4. MARKETING: Work on release of Rivers of Stone. Work on marketing 3 hours each week. 
  5. OTHER: Write 2 articles a month. Continuing: Support Spokane Authors & Self-Publishers with publicity. Also continuing: Declutter! Everywhere! Personal: Quilt, exercise, maintain healthy blood level/diet. 

On the marketing front, I am somewhat in the middle of Denise Wakeman's 5-day challenge to create videos. Her Day 2 challenge was to create a video (or image) about who my readers are. Here's the result!


 

And last, but not least, here are three not-so-professional pictures of the wonderful quilt I made that honors the 50th Anniversary for two dear friends.

The Front

Detail of the front

The Back

Have a lovely holiday weekend. Find out what other ROW80 writers are up to on our WEBSITE or on FACEBOOK! Why not join in?

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is breath-taking, absolutely beautiful.

    And as for the goals, you are wonderful there as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooning for the quilt...will wait to watch the video when I either have headphones close to hand, or a husband who isn't asleep beside me!

    Coincidentally, I'm doing a video course this month, too. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!