Wednesday, March 16, 2016

ROW80: Always the river

Here's my ROW80 Wednesday night check-in with BLUE for steady progress, GREEN for holding my own, and RED for not yet.

1. Writing. Worked 3/3 days on Rivers of Stone. Had fun with research as I continue editing and rewriting Section 04 with the goal of finishing this section by March 30. Working a minimum of 2/hours/day. Started a new notebook with a motivational cover for daily writing and drawing. 

2. Reading. No progress at all. GOAL: By Sunday, start an indie book for review.

3. Marketing. OK I did tweet this week. I'm enjoying being a part of 10 Minute Novelists on Facebook. GOAL: By Sunday, read 25 pages in a marketing how-to book and identify 5 action steps to take before March 30.

4. Community. Working on deleting e-mails (down to 135, so closer to goal of under 100). Read and commented on 4 posts so far this week (goal x10). 

Unfinished business: Still noodling over the theme for the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge that starts April 1. It's memoir or Granny Vampire. I think writing memoir will take me dark places I don't want to go, and for now, I'm drawn to humor. Granny Vampire, look out!

Today I took a friend down to the Spokane River so we could marvel at the last rush of high water (a couple of pics below). It was the first time she had been there since her husband died 7 months ago. Not an easy time, but the river reminded me of white water in Canada, still beautiful.

Have a great week. Check out what others have written for A Round of Words in 80 Days AND stop by WIPpet Wednesday to see snippets of works in progress. 

Spokane River (March 2016)

Spokane River (March 2016)


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the river and its rushing water. Spring is such a beautiful time of year.
    Best wishes with all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!