Thursday, March 24, 2016

ROW80: Goodbye to Round 1

I've changed my goals for this round so many, many times that I'm not sorry to see the end of Round One and the beginning of a little break before Round Two starts.

But something pretty awesome happened this round. I made a commitment to finish the draft of Rivers of Stone this year. OK, I've been writing, researching, drafting, and editing for three years now. I finished Section 4 yesterday, just under the deadline. Whoopee!




Here is my abbreviated progress report for Round 01. 

Writing. Finished second draft Sec04 on Rivers of Stone (top writing priority). Write 6 out of 7 days each week. Blog at least 2x week. Wrote 2 shorts for new edition of The Mermaid Quilt and drafted a few scenes for Granny Vampire. No progress on poetry book, novella, or Mothers Don't Die

Reading/Reviews: Read 4 books January, 6 books February, and 6 books March (total 16). Reviewed 2 books Jan, 1 book Feb, 3 books March (total 6). Kept up with sponsorship commitments for ROW80. 

Marketing/Community: Limited participation in social media & Spokane Authors. Postponed research trip to Toronto (summer 2016). Steady progress in reading writing magazines (writing craft), but no books.

Other: On target with quilting (2 comfort quilts completed, 1 baby quilt in progress). E-mails back up to 200. Very slow progress on exercise and on cutting back on that great temptation – ice cream. Still uncertain about the future as hubby not well. I've started another round of downsizing in case we need to move from third floor to first floor; we have way too many books. But on this week's walk, I saw red-winged blackbirds, the sun is out a little longer (daylight savings), and spring can be seen in the flowering forsythia.

I guess Round 1 of ROW80 was pretty good after all. Enjoy your break. Come back refreshed and ready to set those goals and make progress!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work and congrats on finishing River of Stone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. I do wish I were finished, but ROS has 5 sections and maybe two more months of editing . . . before betas. Perseverance furthers!

      Delete
  2. I changed my goals around a lot in Round 1--but then it is the challenge that knows we have a life, so...I never feel too bad about that. Especially if in doing so, I'm still making forward progress. Because onward and upward, right? :D

    Also I think you are doing great, especially with with what is going on in your life. Perseverance, like you say, will bring progress. And I see awesome progress in your future. (Not that I can see the future, but you get the idea. LOL) Good luck in Round 2; can't wait to cheer you on as you knock out the rest of the sections for ROS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!