Sunday, March 6, 2016

ROW80 Sunday night: Not for the birds!

It's been quite a crazy week. But thanks to posts by writers participating in A Round of Words in 80 Days and the Insecure Writers Support Group, I'm persevering!

The backdrop: Life goes on even when someone you love is sick. My ROW80 goals have been simplified . . . but despite the ups and downs of doctor appointments, new medications and more tests, these last several days have brought:

1. A new writing project just for fun, Granny Vampire, with an older-than-average paranormal heroine and a story line with humor. I may post snippets on Wednesday WIPpet. And I'm experimenting with Randy Ingermanson's Snowflake method to improve my writing productivity.

2. Real progress on the editing for Rivers of Stone. This combines research, writing, and editing. I'm glad to be home where all my books and files are quickly accessible!

3. A poem about birds transformed into a 'video poem'. This took a little more work, but I wanted to include some of the fabulous bird pictures I took while in Texas. See my 30 second video on my writing blog.

What am I reading? C. C. Hunter's Born at Midnight, a well-written YA story featuring a paranormal with all that teen-aged angst about identity, relationships, and separation from parents. And for the first time, I 'won' three books from The LibraryThing to read -- and review! Aargh! My TBR pile is going to topple over!

What's next? sincere thanks to those intrepid writers (and hosts) who make A Round of Words in 80 Days and the Insecure Writers Support Group possible. Why not find out what everyone else is doing and offer some words of encouragement?

An amazing crane
hanging out by the fishing boats
in Rockport, Texas (February 2016)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!