Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday night ROW80 Check-in: It's NaNo Time!

The bell rang at midnight, October 31st, and I'm off and running, another participant in that annual madness known as NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month.

I've never aspired to write 50,000 words in just one month (that's 1,667 words a day). But the challenge somehow jump-starts that rough draft I've been fighting with. After all, I can't be worrying about plot holes or 'perfect' wording if I'm drafting as fast as I can.

So update for ROW80:

Completed last week
Write 1,000 words on Rivers of Stone (actually wrote 3K).
Finally set up Mail Chimp for quarterly newsletter.
Blog x3 (combo of travel, writing, and ROW80 blogs).
Read 30 pages in Letitia Hargrave's Letters.
Prep for book club visit this Thursday for Years of Stone.
Finish reading Letters from Brackham Wood for book club.
Read other folks for ROW80.
De-clutter e-mail (my inbox is now under 100).

Not completed this week but still on the hit list: 
Participate in WIPpet on Weds.
Critique x1 for Novels-L or GoodReads. 
Send query to Australian Times for indie book article.
and keep plugging away as sponsor for ROW80.
For the coming week:
Write every day for NaNoWriMo on Rivers of Stone.
Cherish each day! 

On other news: The baby isn't here yet, I've got the beginnings of a dreadful cold, and my urge to cook has gone south for the winter. If you'd like to read my article, "Indie Writers and MailChimp?" and/or subscribe to my quarterly newsletter, go HERE

If you like to let me know your experiences in setting up or sending your writing newsletter, please comment or e-mail me.

If you'd like to be friends on NaNoWriMo, my handle is Bluebethley. May it be a good week!

Frances Anne Hopkins "Voyageurs at Dawn" from Wiki

3 comments:

  1. I've joined NaNoWriMo as well - forces you to just write, which is what I needed. Sounds like you've accomplished a fair bit. All the best with NaNoWriMo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the great part of NaNoWriMo is that forces you to silence your inner critic and just write. I haven't attempted it yet, but I think it's a great challenge. This year I have too many projects going to commit to focusing on just one for a month. Maybe next year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've "won" NaNoWriMo three times. I wasn't going to participate this year, as I'm in the middle of a book, but heard you no longer have to be a rebel to do that, so I did. I have no illusions about completing 50k this time--that would make this book way too long! But I hope it will jar my inner editor out the door, too. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!