Wednesday, November 22, 2017

ROW80 #15: Happy Thanksgiving!

I've dropped out the last two weeks. Despite thinking about all of you, working away on your writing and checking in on your progress as part of A Round of Words in 80 Days, I just couldn't join you.

Two major projects kept me busy.

If you know what 'doesn't fit trim size' means, then you know where I've been. Just before dawn this morning, CreateSpace accepted my files for Rivers of Stone. The proof will be here in another week (already found 2-3 spacing errors to correct). And then I will finally (after three years of work) hit that magic button to complete the paperback version. The Kindle version of Rivers of Stone is already live.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Over the last two weeks, I also worked intensely with a team to publish Spokane Authors & Self-Publishers' first anthology, called Celebrating Spokane Authors. Some 19 poets, authors, and essayists contributed work to this anthology. Our launch party for the anthology is December 2 (Saturday), and I'm scrounging for reviewers. If you are interested, please let me know.

This is Round 4, Check-in 15, and I'm still not ready. My fingers are in that frozen keyboard state. But, a little later tonight, I'll be making a mincemeat-apple pie. Tomorrow, we'll be gathering around the turkey with family, grateful for every moment.

The next challenge? Back to work on setting goals, deadlines, and evaluating progress.  And work on marketing, which always makes me vaguely guilty. We CAN do this!  Wishing you all the very best of times as we approach the end of the year.

Thankfulness from Thanksgiving Quotes










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!