Sunday, June 7, 2015

ROW80 Sunday Check-in with color!

This week, inspired by Shanjeniah, I'm switching to color-coding for progress in my daily work file. So here's my progress June 1-6: 


Blue = done!
Green = good progress made.
Red = lamentably, no progress at all.

Did you notice any marketing goals? A writer I know promised to crit my marketing plan . . . but so far, no crit. So that goal remains low on my priority. My friend's husband is now in hospice at home, and I feel sad and helpless at the same time. Is it affecting my writing? Yes. Do I care? No. More walking, more phone calls, more paperwork.

And for the coming week? Renewed commitment to my goals.

I did promise color today. 

Here's a pic of that finished quilt top (wheelchair-sized). I really like working in this size (roughly 40" x 55") as it allows me to experiment with color and design. The backs are always flannel, to be warm and comfy. 

When I'm quilting, I can daydream about the writing. All is good for another week.

Did I say thank you for for the wonderful encouragement last week? Dear ROW80 folks, we keep working away, waving flags, making progress on our varied goals. Those words of encouragement really, really help. Thank YOU! 

Now, go on and check out what other ROW80 writers are doing -- or jump right in. After all, Kait Nolan's challenge/blog hop recognizes that we writers have a life that sometimes trumps our writing.

4 comments:

  1. Hugs on feeling sad. I love the quilt! I also love the color-coding. ;) Great progress this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is absolutely beautiful! I'm so jealous. Don't know when I will ever get a quilt done (or started!).

    Take time to do what you need to do. Goals can always wait. What is important is just being a human being. And being one for others.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've gotten a good bit of progress done for the week. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the quilt. I love to see what you are working on. Even if I have a fantastic imagination, it's nice to see what you are talking about.

    Excellent to hear on your progress this week. And this week will be better!!

    Sadness happens, take heart and know that I love and believe in you Beth. Sending you love and hugs!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!