Wednesday, July 25, 2018

ROW80 Weds Week 4: Conflict?

Summer is heating up and August promises more of the same, but we won't be home. We're hitting the road on August 3, just after our 41st anniversary with no destination in mind, except north. Despite global warming, I'm hoping it's cooler in that direction. We may be gone a week or a month. All I know is laptop, get ready!

ROW80, Week 4: Weds Update.
--Writing: Wrote 2 out of 3 days so far (posting ROW80 before today's writing). Goal +1,000 new words this week (+400 so far, lots of deletes).
--Research: 4 hours. Actually working on writing strategies rather than story-related research this week. 
--Marketing: Nothing planned except: Track how long it takes Amazon to upload my edited versions.  Maybe I'd do better with this category if it were renamed 'connect with readers'.
--Blogging/Community: Goal: read x6 other writer's blogs. Have read x5 so far.  Goal: Post x9 for ROW80 Blog (x8 so far), and post x4 for Writing Blog (x2 so far). Writer's group meets this Sunday (Yippee!) and Quilter's group meets Friday.
--Exercise. Goal 3x swimming. So far x2. Finished the latest comfort quilt in my favorite color -- blue. Next: work on binding.

Healing Blue Comfort Quilt (July 2018)
Overall assessment: Struggled a bit to stay current with lots of babysitting last week, but summer camp and a changed schedule mean less time with those little ones this week. I miss them, but I'm catching up again.  Writing Section 01 has taken a turn deeper. Romantic suspense is a new genre for me -- so I'm working on conflict. More about that in this week's writing blog post. And that's all, folks, for this week so far.

A Round of Words for 80 Days encourages writers to set goals and check in with progress every Weds and Sunday. This keeps me accountable to myself AND connected to other writers who care about writing. Thank you, Eden Mabee and Shan Jeniah Burton, for keeping us all motivated and posting! Why not join in? Check in to see what other ROW80 writers are up to on our BLOG or FACEBOOK page. May your own writing go well.

4 comments:

  1. have fun on your trip! And good luck with the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful. That is high on my bucket list as soon as I retire - start making quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!