Sunday, March 25, 2018

ROW80: Sunday Progress and Brunch

Last Sunday began with a gi-normous list of goals. My plan was to simply update on Wednesday. And then I went to the doctor. Oops. We all have something. My something is simply that I need to learn how to walk without aggravating something called degenerative arthritis in my feet. I did get stuff done. But more slowly than intended. And I had to go shopping for new shoes -- with inserts. Ouch!

So rather than blogging you down with a long list of progress, here's what has been accomplished this week:

  • Wrote 2,163 words since Sunday on plotting, contest entries, synopses, and rewrote bio.
  • Finally received that perfect proof for Rivers of Stone. Luckily I ordered 3 copies so could send one to Historical Novel Society for review and the other to Writer's Digest for self-pubbed contest.
  • Wrote a reflective article, "A Season of Writing" for SASP's newsletter. Prepped for mini-presentation, "Audiobooks: Should I or Shouldn't I" on April 5 with a neat local filmmaker of horror movies.
  • Worked on taxes and nearly finished. Revamped my recording system with Excel (and IRS categories) so I don't go crazy next year.
  • Met with representatives from 5 regional writing groups. We set up a new coordinating group called Connecting Writers. Thank goodness our goal (originally to add another writing conference), is now to promote what we offer throughout our region. Even people on this committee didn't know about all the resources (me included)!
Really regret NOT being able to work more on my plotting AND not posting a snippet for Wednesday's WIPpet. But, next week beckons. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the grands and 6 adults will sit down for brunch about 11 this morning. I'm making Huevos MotuleƱos (breakfast tostada, using Elise Bauer's recipe) and a fruit salad surprise. Wanna drop by?

Huevos MotuleƱos (Elise Bauer)


Festive Pineapple Critter made by quilting buddy for lunch this week (Camp 2018)
Check out what other ROW80 writers are up to, either on the FACEBOOK group or our WEBSITE. Thank you, Eden Mabee and Shan Jeniah! Have a great week, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the shoes and inserts help your foot pain. Good for you that you went to the doctor so quickly. I'm sure that makes the problem less of a problem. Unlike me, who gives a problem five years before aggressively pursuing a solution to it!
    I wish I could join you for Brunch! Some day, maybe!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the writing!! And I hope the shoes and inserts help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for visiting and commenting!